9.5.08

first ever layout




I have never made a scrap layout before so when we were challenged on our forum to make a LO in our own style, I did think 'arghhhhhhhhh', but I started out with an 8x8 background that I made a couple of weeks ago as I was really happy with how it came out and I knew I wanted to use this photo of my daughter, so once those bits were sorted it all came together. I added some gold embossing to the background as it was looking a little flat.

I do like all the scrapbook embellishments that are on the market but I wanted a totally co-ordinated look so I made my own using the same stamp as I'd used on the background. I stamped the flower in different colours of acrylic paint, cut them out, curled the edges and layered them up. The small lettering is handwritten and large is cut out from a second piece of BG paper I made in the same tones (I used it as one of the layers behind the photo along with a hand stamped piece of acetate) but I painted a layer of gold acrylic over the top to give the letters a touch of shimmer.

As the challenge this week on Arty Girlz is 3D I thought I put this forward as my contribution to the theme.

18 comments:

Julie Allain said...

Deb this layout is amazing and what a beautiful daughter you have

Thanks for joining in with the Arty Girlz challenge :)

Carol Q said...

this is Fab Deb. you must be so pleased with it. I love the effects you've achieved with the gold acrylic - lovely shimmer. your daughter is gorgeous!

Carol Q said...

this is just gorgeous Deb. you must be so pleased with it. love the effects you've achieved with the gold acylic - lovely shimmer. your daugher is gorgeous!

Karin said...

Stunning page Deb love your colour combinations and your daughter is beautiful too.

joanne wardle said...

it's a stunning layout Deb, far too beautiful to hide away in an album, that needs to be up on the wall.
you fulfilled the challenge beautifully as well, as it is definitely your style, and a gorgeous happy photo of your beautiful daughter.

Kaz said...

WOW! Deb this is absolutely fab, you are a natural scrapper!! Sam is gorgeous obviously, that helps. the red is striking, the gold is perfect. it's just all beautiful, love how you did the flowers etc.
this is something to treasure, really love it. :-)

Kim Costello said...

beautiful layout, stunning colours and love the flowers!

Penny said...

Wow Deb, it's amazing!! Because you've very cleverly made all your own embellishments it it totally original and unique. And Sam is so beautiful here! I agree, it should be framed :)

Seona said...

This is a fabulous page Deb - beautiful rich deep tones and the embellishments are stunning. It is a stunning picture of Sam too - I love the way you have layered the photo too!

Kath Stewart said...

This is stunning and I love the rich colours.

Crissi Harvey said...

1st ever Layout are you sure LOL it's fantactic the back ground is stunning and the flowers and all the elements just come together perfectly, and what a beautiful daughter you have.

thanks for joining in with the Arty Girlz challenge.
crissi xx

Anonymous said...

Wow Deb!!! This is absolutely gorgeous!!!

JACKIE M said...

Love it the colours are so rich and the photo is great too.

Anne said...

Absolutely gorgeous Deb!! Sam is a stunning young lady and you've done the most amazing job with this this LO!! I agree with Joanne, it should be on the wall!

Gillian .... said...

Love this LO deb, its so your style, love the richness of the colours too:)

penibear said...

Wow, Deb, it's beautiful - I love the way you've layered the flowers, and your daughter look absolutely gorgeous - you should definitely frame this and put it on the wall.

vintage wil said...

beautiful work !
love the colors .

Anonymous said...

Wow what a firsttime ever layout Deb! Love what you did and the picture is so beautiful!