Wedding wishes

A group of us have done a compilation book for a friend and her other half who are getting married, each person doing one page and an ATC. Here is my contribution, didn't get a photo of the ATC though.
The background is done with acrylic paints and then overstamped in a gold ink, which you can see if you look closely. The heart is also done in acrylics and stands proud of the background, so the ATC could sit behind it.


Pictures to share

I have quite a few old family photos and I after seeing so many people sharing their pictures for use in art I thought I would join in and share some of mine, so here is the first one, a photo of my maternal Great Grandmother. I would love to see what you make using this image so please leave a comment with a link to your art.
I will be adding more from time to time, so please check back regularly.


Vintage couple tag

I have signed up to a monthly tag swap with a group of friends. This is our first month and the theme was Vintage couples. I fancied doing something quite modern to go with the vintage picture so I used my alcohol inks on glossy card. The flower is a sticker and the hummingbirds are also stickers, stuck onto an acetate overlay.

Polka Dots

is the theme on this weeks Wednesday Stamper . Here is an ATC I made for a swap with Louise, which just so happens to fit this theme nicely

I do like spots and use them quite often on my pieces, so here are a few older pieces

A couple of cards

A couple of dear friends had birthdays last week so here are the cards I made for them.
Both of them are using stamps by Art Journey .

this card was made for Lana. It is a tri fold card, made by simply folding the front of the card back on it self.

this card was made for Kaz. It is a matchbook card, made using Bazzil card stock.

nyone who stumbles across my blog and takes time out to leave a comment, thankyou.



This weeks theme on Wednesday Stamper is FLOWERS, not a theme I do often but I thought I'd have a go. I have used chalks and Versafine inks. The flower is by Non Sequitar, the dragonfly I'm not sure who makes it.

Thanks for looking.


I can see clearly now...

is the dare on DCM this week:-

Kel says- Okay, this week I would like you to use some acetate, vellum, plasma or anything else remotely 'see-through' on your card. That's it!

This is my first attempt at taking part in one of these challenges, and I don't think it will be my last. I have used acetate on my card. To get the effect 'paint' the section of acetate you want clear with Vaseline and then paint over the top with acrylic paint. Leave to dry and then wipe away the paint and vaseline so you have a clear section.

Thanks for looking.